Adblock Plus is an open source, community-driven project licensed under GPLv3. There are several ways that users can be a part of the project and contribute to making the Internet better for everyone!
Contribute to Adblock Plus
Translate Adblock Plus
Adblock Plus is currently translated into over 30 languages. We always need help with translations as we continue to make changes and update our product.
Here’s how users can join our translation projects and help improve Adblock Plus!
- Create an account on Crowdin and select the project you wish to contribute to from our Crowdin profile.
- Click on your language from the grid.
- After selecting your language, you will see a list of files with progress bars indicating how much has been translated and/or approved for each file.
- Click on the file you wish to contribute to. On this page, the strings of text on the right are to be translated.
Selected text is highlighted yellow. Text that still needs translation is highlighted red. Text that has been translated is highlighted green.
- Click on a string of text you would like to edit. You can make edits in the textbox in the middle of the page and then click Save.
- Users can also vote on translations provided by others by clicking on the + or - buttons below.
Spread the word
Are you enjoying Adblock Plus? Why not recommend it to your friends, colleagues or followers? Not everybody necessarily knows about the power of ad blocking. Help them out by improving their Internet browsing experience!
Here’s how you can spread the word:
- On Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera you can share how many ads you’ve blocked. Click on the Adblock Plus icon in your browser's toolbar and then click “Share numbers with friends” to post your stats on Facebook or Twitter. Don't see it? How to hide/show icon.
- Post on social media about us with an installation link.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Discuss the benefits of installing Adblock Plus at your organization.
- Write an op/ed piece, or contact your local media, about Internet privacy and security issues.
If you are seeing ads or a webpage isn’t displaying the way it should, please submit an Issue report. We rely on these reports to fix filter list issues we might not be aware of.
You can also reach out to our Support Team for help: Submit a ticket. Providing the following information helps us to understand the problem and find a quick solution:
- Which browser you are using and the browser version.
- Step-by-step instructions to reproduce the issue.
- Screenshots demonstrating the issue: How to capture a screenshot.
Add or improve filters
Check our “How to write filters” guide.
These filter lists need to be constantly maintained to block menaces like new tracking systems, malware threats and intrusive ads. Click here for a list of requirements.
eyeo GmbH, the company behind Adblock Plus, has no right to, or control over, any filter list content other than the ABP Anti-Circumvention Filter List and Acceptable Ads.