If you are unsure if Adblock Plus is installed or not, the information below will help.
First look for the Adblock Plus icon on your browser's toolbar. The icon looks like our logo, white ABP letters inside a stop sign:
If the icon is not on your toolbar, the most definitive way to check is to look for ABP in the list of extensions installed in your browser:
- In Chrome or Edge, type about:extensions in the address bar
- In Firefox, open the Firefox menu, select Add-ons and themes, and then click Extensions in the left sidebar
- In Safari, go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions
- For all other browsers, see this article: How to check your installed extensions.
If ABP is installed, but not enabled, simply toggle the option to enable it.
If ABP isn't installed, you'll need to install it.
If ABP is installed and enabled but you don't see the ABP icon on the browser toolbar, you'll need to select the option to show it: How to hide/show icon.
Mobile browsers don't have a toolbar, so you'll need to look in the list of installed apps or browser extensions. You'll be looking for our icon which looks like our logo:
- On your iPhone or iPad, look for the ABP icon in your apps.
- On your Android device, open the Samsung Internet browser, tap the menu icon (three vertical dots), and select Extensions. You should see ABP under "Content blockers".
If ABP isn't installed on your mobile device, you'll need to install it.
If the steps in this article didn't help, before reviewing this article, please reach out to us and let us know where you are getting stuck so we can make improvements to the information: Submit a ticket.