Are you still being asked to turn off your ad blocker after disabling or adding the website to your allowlist?
If you have paused or disabled Adblock Plus or allowlisted the website (or if Adblock Plus isn't even installed), and you've refreshed the page, but you're still seeing a "turn off your ad blocker" notification, then one of two things is happening:
- Something else on your computer is causing the notification to appear.
- The test the site is using to detect ad blockers is generating a false positive (less likely).
Often times this happens when you have other security features enabled on your browser. ie: Tracking protection on Firefox: Firefox's Tracking Protection and whitelisting.
Suggested troubleshooting steps:
1. If you have other extensions installed, try disabling them to make sure they aren't causing the issue. Some of the most common culprits encountered are other ad blockers, DuckDuckGo, Kaspersky Anti-Banner, Ghostery, PrivacyBadger, Disconnect and NoScript. How to check your installed extensions
2. Clear your browser's cache and cookies: How to clear cache and cookies.
3. In some cases, cyber security or VPN software can trigger a site to display the notices as well. Try disabling these types of software and see if the notifications continues to display.
6. Also check your browser's installed security settings: How to check your browser security settings.