While your filter lists should be automatically updated, sometimes Adblock Plus (ABP) might encounter problems in the update. This can be caused by a broken internet connection or if your browser was not open when it tried to fetch the latest version of the file.
If you suddenly start seeing ads on a website or if a page does not look right, this might be due to an outdated filter list.
You can manually update your lists at any time. Here's how:
Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Opera
- Click the Adblock Plus toolbar icon to display the menu.
- Click the gear symbol.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- Under the Filter Lists section, click Update all filter lists.
The update is successful if Just now appears next to the list.
- Open the Adblock Plus for Samsung Internet app.
- Tap Update ad-filter lists.
- Click Update now.
While the filter lists for ABP for iOS are only updated via automatic updates to the app, opening the ABP app will trigger the update.
After opening the app, wait for the spinner to finish. It should take about 10-15 seconds.
While the filter lists for ABP for macOS are only updated via automatic updates to the app, you can also manually trigger the update by doing the following:
- Quit Safari by right-clicking the icon on the dock and selecting Quit.
- Open the ABP app.
- Click the Language dropdown and reselect your preferred language.
- Re-open Safari.