Clearing your cache and website data is a great way to protect your internet privacy. As well if you run into issues with your browser, it can be a good troubleshooting step to get things back up and running. Why do we suggest this step when you see ads?
- Your browser cache may retain information from a previous visit to a website with ads. If you delete the cache, they can no longer load.
- A website may have created cookies on your computer that interfere with ad blocking.
- Malware can change your browser settings to keep your ad blocker from working.
So how do you do this with ABB?
- Open the Adblock Browser app.
- Tap the Android menu icon and select Settings.
- Tap Privacy and security.
- Choose Clear browsing data.
- Tap the Time range drop-down menu to select a timeframe.
- From the Basic tab, the following items are selected by default. Tap a specific option if you do not want to clear its associated data.
- Browsing history
- Cookies, media licenses, and site data
- Cached images and files
- From the Advanced tab, choose to clear the following items:
- Browsing history (selected by default)
- Cookies and site data (selected by default)
- Media licenses
- Cached images and files (selected by default)
- Saved passwords
- Autofill form data
- Site settings
- Tap Clear data.