Issues with Firefox's Tracking Protection feature and allowlisted websites
Some Adblock Plus for Firefox users who have Firefox's Tracking Protection feature turned on are experiencing an issue where certain websites with anti-ad block messages do not recognize that Adblock Plus is turned off.
- A user visits a website with an anti-ad block message that requires them to turn off Adblock Plus in order to browse the site.
- The user either already has the website allowlisted OR clicks the Adblock Plus icon in the toolbar and temporarily turns off Adblock Plus on the site.
- The website still displays the anti-ad block message.
- Click the Information icon to the left of the Firefox address bar.
- Select Disable protection for this site.
Turn off Firefox's Tracking Protection feature:
- Click the Firefox menu icon and select Preferences.
- Select Privacy & Security from the left menu.
- Scroll to the Tracking Protection feature and select Never.
- Close the tab.
Other extensions (those that blocks scripts or requests) may also cause this issue.