Adblock Plus is an open source, community-driven project licensed under GPLv3. There are several ways that users can be a part of the project and contribute to making the Internet better for everyone!
Translate Adblock Plus
Adblock Plus is currently translated into over 30 languages. We always need help with translations as we continue to make changes and update our product.
Here’s how users can join our translation projects and help improve Adblock Plus!
- Create an account on Crowdin and select the project you wish to contribute to from our Crowdin profile.
- Click on your language from the grid.
- After selecting your language, you will see a list of files with progress bars indicating how much has been translated and/or approved for each file.
- Click on the file you wish to contribute to. On this page, the strings of text on the right are to be translated.
Selected text is highlighted yellow. Text that still needs translation is highlighted red. Text that has been translated is highlighted green.
- Click on a string of text you would like to edit. You can make edits in the textbox in the middle of the page and then click Save.
- Users can also vote on translations provided by others by clicking on the + or - buttons below.
Spread the word
Are you enjoying Adblock Plus? Why not recommend it to your friends, colleagues or followers? Not everybody necessarily knows about the power of ad blocking. Help them out by improving their Internet browsing experience!
Here’s how you can spread the word:
- On Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera you can share how many ads you’ve blocked so far! Click on the Adblock Plus extension icon from your browser and then click “Share numbers with friends” to post your stats on Facebook or Twitter.
- Post on social media about us with an installation link.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Discuss the benefits of installing Adblock Plus at your organization.
- Write an op/ed piece, or contact your local media, about Internet privacy and security issues.
If you think Adblock Plus isn’t behaving the way it should, please let us know. We rely on bug reports sent in by users to fix issues we might not have been aware of.
Please include all the necessary information needed so we can reproduce the problem and find a solution faster.
Helpful information to provide in the report include the following:
- Which browser you are using and the browser version.
- The version of Adblock Plus.
- The conditions in which the issue occurs.
After we receive your report, we may respond with follow-up questions.
You can also reach our user support team by emailing email@example.com.
Add or improve filters
Check our “How to write filters” guide.
These filter lists need to be constantly maintained to block menaces like new tracking systems, malware threats and intrusive ads. Click here for a list of requirements.
If you notice an issue with a filter list, please report it to us.
eyeo GmbH, the company behind Adblock Plus, has no right to, or control over, any filter list content other than the ABP Anti-Circumvention Filter List and Acceptable Ads.